Sunday, September 18, 2011

I Hate It When This Happens

So, I was working on an design for work this weekend.  I got the illustration drawn, and most of the design set up, and then went to put the logo into it... It wasn't supposed to be a soccer design. Oh, man, I was not happy.  Ha-ha-ha!  But that's what I get for not checking all of my elements before getting started.

 
So I started over.  Amy mentioned the other night that she doesn't know where I get new ideas for stuff everyday.  This one came from Donald Duck playing golf. There's really no huge secret to where ideas come from, mostly it's just watching a lot of stuff, and remembering it later.  Ha-ha-ha!
Until next time, take care and be good!
Your friend,
Jeffrey

3 comments:

Keith said...

I hate it when that happens. You just have to kick yourself and get on with it.

It's worse when the client changes it all after you have done most of the work. You know, "oh that giraffe we asked for, can it be an ivy clad wood nymph instead now, on a boat ?"

Grrrrrrrr

But good save, and the second version is really neat.

Nance said...

Hulk smash!

Red Herring Jeff said...

Keith- That's so true. Fortunately, when that happens, usually I'm able to tell them that it's not in the scope of the original quote and I'll have to ask for more money. Then they have the choice between sticking to their original vision or paying for their change of mind.

Nance - Ha-ha-ha-ha!