Friday, February 8, 2008

Self portrait 24 of 100

Hey kids!

Got another little graphic gem for you, Ha-ha! I finally got caught up on some of my projects, so hopefully I'll be getting to this more regularly. I looked at my calendar yesterday, and It looks like on friday I'll be 27 portraits behind... Oops! So, I'm getting back to it, and getting caught up... ish. Ha-ha!

So, anyway, I built this whole image in Corel Draw. It took about three hours total. I have another one in the works using the same head, with some small changes. I'll have that one out in the next few days hopefully. I think there're like three pieces I still have to do to it.

I've been talking to Ryan about art, and where I'm going with it and what I want to do with it lately. One of the things he had to say, is that (at least for him) there's been too much working toward trying to impress other people, and not enough just because he enjoys it. To add to that, I was looking through some of my old drawings, and there was a lot more stuff that I just did because I wanted to do it. I think part of my path right now is to find a balance between the two. It's really hard to produce "quality" work, and sometimes the effort gets depressing, but it still has to be done in order to be marketable. I still gots to eat, right?

Thats about it for today. I think my "internet provider" finally password protected his network, so I'll have to update when I can (mostly after work) so I'll see you when I see you.

Take care and be good.
Your friend
Jeffrey Johnson



No comments: