Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daily Life: Super Hero Edition

We've had super heroes on the brain here lately...Last week, Handmade Family set up our space in the Fusion Art Co-op in the mall (you can check out the post here). Amy's making capes, and has started finishing up the hero costumes with masks and cuffs to go along with them. Abby is super-cute. She tried on the mask for the first time last night, and was running around in her jammies, pointing up and declaring, "To the rescue!!!". It's funny watching her costume combinations, too. This afternoon, she'd added a Halloween pumpkin lantern, and tonite when we were getting ready for bed, she said she need super-hero pajamas...NOT, her dog pajamas. Okay, Superman it is. Ha-ha-ha!

So, where am I going with this? My plan is to do a cross-over between here and the Handmade Family blog with illustrations and photos and downloadable goodies that will be available on my website, chronicling our daily, handmade lives. Activities, books and movies, snack-time and of course Daily Life illustrations and comics. All of this will be compiled into a small, themed book. If all goes as planned (and to be honest, I'm nervous about that part), then I will be able to release my little 'zine every two months. The theme for issue one is Super-Heroes, and I hope that you all will join me for a little fun.

That's it for now. Until next time, take care and be good!
Your friend,
Jeffrey

2 comments:

Nance said...

I might know someone who NEEDS a new cape and cuffs outfit. I can just see him in it, zipping around like WhyMan, saving the day, solving all my problems in one swell foop.

Oh, and my grandson might like one, too *^)

Red Herring Jeff said...

All I can say is that I feel pretty awesome in mine! Actually, usually I just wear the one that Amy uses as a pattern...I might need a super hero to get her to actually make one for me. Ha-ha-ha!

As strong-bad says, "You can use your powers for good, or you can use them for AWESOME!"