Monday, May 26, 2008

Self Portrait 40 of 100, Illustration Friday: "Worry"

So... The topic for Illustration Friday this week is "worry". every week, I mean to do something for it, and every week I don't. Either I wait until too late in the week, or ... Whatever. This is really just more excuses. So here we go!

I kind of envisioned worry like a monster, or a demon or something that is a tentacled critter with a list. It wraps itself around your head, pries your eyes open no matter how much you try to close them, and whispers in your ear. No matter how much you try to ignore your worries, they always seem to rise back to the surface... Like pond scum.

It was hard to come up with something to act as a header on the list... I didn't want to just put "Worries" although that would be the most straight forward, I guess. There were other options, like contract, reckoning, bill... stuff like that, but I kind of felt like that would imply a deal with this demonic creature. If this was just some dude, well, okay maybe that would be fine, but this is a self portrait. I don't ... Okay, so I settled on the future for the header. I guess that's cliche`, but it's a legitimate worry. I worry about what I'll be doing. I worry about my daughter. I worry about it all... it's hard sometimes to not worry about those things that you just can't see.


Wow. What a lot of exposition for such a stupid drawing. I was thinking about Art Adams, and William Stout when I was working on it. Also Victor. Always think about him.

I hope everything's going well with you all.
Take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey

1 comment:

Eric said...

Wow you have some dedication to complete the "100 in 100." The first 40 are great and very creative. Keep it up. I think I would have run out of ideas on day 2. :)