Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Self Portrait 41 of 100: 1996(ish)

I was tooling around the interweb last week, and stumbled across the Flight blog There was a post about members of the illustrators for the Flight comic collection doing self portraits of themselves as teenagers, and then of their current selves. What an awesome idea! There are just too many funny things about our past (and present) selves, and the comparison between the two. At any rate, I decided I was going to do it.

THEN, today on Lines and Colors, Charley Parker posted the same thing. Apparently this is a bit of a thing on the interweb lately. So... at the risk of looking like a band-wagoneer who can't think up his own ideas. I did the first half today for SP 41.

God I was a nerd back then! Ha-ha! This was fun to do. I wish I'd had a little more time to work on it, because it would be nice to color... maybe this weekend I'll come back to it.

Thanks for looking folks! Take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey Johnson

No comments: