Sunday, June 15, 2008

Self Portrait 44 of 100: Time to get some work done

Hey everybody! Okay... to be honest with you, I wasn't going to do this today (In spite of it being two weeks since I've posted :( ) but I was checking out a a daily photostream on flickr, and was inspired to do something before bed.

This is important to me. It seems like my whole life is just running against time. At work I have to move my ass to get work done in the most timely manner. Then I come home and make time with my family (Which I ABSOLUTELY do not begrudge them... If I can't make time for my girls then none of the rest of this is worth it. So, that leaves just a handful of minutes left to drawing. And sleep. Ha-ha! Okay, so where was I going with this?

Not every one has to be "The current masterpiece". That isn't what this is about, and I need to keep that in mind. I only have time for that sometimes, but the days I don't have the time for it, I am actually freer to experiment, and do a little playing. Tonites drawing isn't exactly what I had in mind when I started it, but I'm not totally unhappy with it either. And I'm glad I did something tonite. The point is that I did have the time to do something kind of fast and dirty. I have plenty of wiggle room to search out directions. Also my friend James told me that he wanted me to do something other than a head on sp for my next one. So, here's a step in that direction.
I've been giving a lot of serious thought to the holy grail lately, and want to talk about it, because it fits in with the current works.... but I think that's a post for another night when I have a little more TIME.

I hope everything's well with you all. Until next time, take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey

No comments: