Saturday, June 28, 2008

Self Portrait 46 of 100: Starting a push towards the end

So... I've been checking out this daily photo stream on Flickr. Real inspiring. It's weird how having a kid, and maybe even especially a daughter, changes you. (I've not had a son yet, so I don't know how that would be different.) I find myself looking for good examples of strong women... I really would like Abby to grow up strong, and independant... but still a girl. If that makes any sense. There's such a thing as too much, I think. I don't want her to be a bitch. I think that's where I'm going with that, but I do want her to be capable of taking care of herself.

At any rate, this drawing is over a week old. It's been busy as hell here. My older brother got married, and my younger brother came and stayed with us with his wife and son (three days younger than Abby, and cute as a bug's ear!). It was a good visit, but tiring. It's nice to have the house to ourselves again, and get back to our normal activities.

On another note... I know I've been kind of sporadic with my posts, but I'm going to try to finish this set by the end of the summer. Wish me luck!

I hope everything is going well with you all. Take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey

No comments: