Monday, September 22, 2008

Self Portrait 49 of 100

So this is the last page of the sketchbook that I've been working out of. It took me just over a year to get through it. I don't know how I feel about that. It's not like every drawing that I did this year was in this book... I don't know, I struggle with this a lot. There's so much balancing in my life. My family, Daughter, Friends, Work, and art... sometimes I'm really envious of those kids that could focus on their art, and are sooo awesome at it.

Looking at what I would have to give up for it though, I know it just would not be worth it.

This is just a quick warm-up drawing I did before getting to work. I don't know if I mentioned in an earlier post about how excited I am to have discovered my markers recently, but I am. I really like the bold immediacy of them, and how easy it is to make little graphic elements in my sketches with them.

Thanks as always for looking guys and girls! And if you want to see some of the other stuff that I've been doing in my sketchbook for the last year, you can check it out on conceptart.org

Take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey

1 comment:

Ryan Bowlin said...

You look mouse-y in this picture! Heh. I just wanted to let you know I started my blog tonight. So leave me alone! lol