Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some Change of Direction: Animal Vectors

Okay, so I've been putting off this post for some time now (Since around the beginning of November.). I'd been thinking about a change of direction for a while, and here's where my head is at with the whole situation. The self portraits were a great way to get some work done, and have something to post about with out having to come up with a new subject every time. They also presented a challenge when working with outside topics, because I had to fit my subject (me) with that theme.

The downsides were that each illustration of myself had little usefulness outside of the specific illustration that it was created for, and had little use even as a portfolio piece. Beyond that, there are so many things that I would like to explore and work on outside of the self portrait subject matter, and my time was starting to be eaten up by a project that I had less and less interest in. Basically, when it became a huge chore, I think it was time to stop.

So, I'm changing the overall direction of my blog to reflect my goals, and to be a little more versatile, and agile. I will be working on Professional Development, getting my portfolio updated with new work, as well as exploring the types of work that I would like to pursue futher. Also, I am working on stuff I can make a little bit of money with now, as I prepare to enter the freelance arena full time. Lastly, I would like to add some educational aspects to this blog to give it some added value as a place to visit regularly.

Here's some of the recent work, cartoon animals done in illustrator. The top two, were done totally in the computer, and the third one was hand inked, then I traced, cleaned and colored it in illustrator. I don't know if anyone is interested, but maybe I can also post some of the initial sketches and process pics for some of these in the future.

As always, thanks for looking, and taking the time to comment or message me.
Your friend
Jeffrey




No comments: