Sunday, April 24, 2011

100 Themes: Introduction


I've seen this meme floating around the interweb a bit lately, and it really caught my fancy. I know I've tried to do stuff like this before, with little success. 100 of anything just seems like such a commitment. I'm not setting a time line for this or a deadline, though. Maybe falling behind on the schedule in the past is what made me give up hope. We're just going to enjoy this, and see where it goes!

The first theme is "Introduction".

Until next time, take care and be good!
Your friend,
Jeffrey

4 comments:

Josh Burnett said...

Where can I find more information about this meme?

Red Herring Jeff said...

Hey Josh!

This is where I first heard about it, and it contains a full list:

http://onehundredthemes.blogspot.com/

and most recently by the incomparable Maris Wicks, here:

http://dotsforeyes.blogspot.com/search/label/100%20themes

Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Nance said...

Wow, I LIKE this! At Hen's Teeth, we've gone to a theme-based format. The themes are up to me, with suggestions from the Hens. It's a lot harder than you'd think, but, when I hit on a good one, the creativity really flows, resulting in lots of good posts from everyone. I'm bookmarking the 100 themes site and looking forward to whatever comes from it here at PC&SC. Your intro is...I don't use this word much...awesome!

Red Herring Jeff said...

Thank you, Nance! I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes too. Ha-ha-ha! The nice thing about themes, is that they allow you to focus with out casting about for something to focus on first... Did that make sense? I often wonder how many people come out of our educational system feeling like I did. I think it was good for me, and the years of introspection afterward were good too, but now I'm playing catch up a bit. :)