Sunday, November 18, 2007

Day one of one-hundred

Hi! I guess since this is the first post, I should say something about who I am, and what I'm doing. Introductions are always the hardest thing, especially when you're writing into the void... Ha-ha! So, anyway, I'm 30, and live and work in the Saint Louis area as a graphic designer and illustrator. Art has been a part of my life for most of my life. Unfortunately, looking back it seems like I had more potential than passion. I always have more work to do, and I need to expand my skill set, and discipline if I want to move forward.

That's what this blog is really about. I don't have the time or fortitude to run through four or ten pages in my sketchbook everyday. But one a day is not unreasonable. There are 100 pages in your average sketchbook. 100 in 100 days. To make things a little simpler, I'll do a set of 100 of the same subject. That way I can narrow down the variables and focus more on what I'm doing.

Finally, I have three goals.
1.Focus and self discipline.
2.More accurate portrait.
3.Freedom to experiment with media, style, and technique.

It feels like I wrote an awful lot there... That won't happen all the time.Thanks for stoppin' in, and I'll talk at you more tomorrow.

No comments: