Sunday, April 13, 2008

Self Portrait 27-32: Battling my insecurities

So I mentioned that I fight with myself a lot. I second guess, make mistakes, commit too early, fail to commit... it's stuff we all go through. This guy is an element for a drawing idea that I had awhile back. "King Coyote Constantly Battles His Insecurities" Ha-ha! So the Hydra seemed like an obvious choice... many heads, same beast. The next element I think is going to be sort of a nordic warrior... Maybe a Greek hoplite... I don't know exactly yet. Then I'll go to town in PS and color the whole thing. Should be fun.

I actually think this drawing is pretty strong, by the way. I hate to say I'm getting comfortable, so we'll go with it's getting easier to try new things, and new poses. There's still a lot of work to do though.
As always, thanks for looking. Take care and be good!
Your friend
Jeffrey.

P.S. I've been listening to the Sidebar Nation podcast lately. If you haven't checked it out yet you really should. There's a lot of excellent interviews with working artists.

No comments: