Sunday, August 30, 2009

More pics of the band: The Bassist

Started work on the bassist for the animal band this week. The sheep dog. I wanted an animal that I felt you could rely on to be there when you need him to be, but that is also is pretty laid back. I don't know anything about real sheep dogs, or their temperaments, but this is the impression I get.
The image in the upper left is my working drawing that I pulled into illustrator to act as a guide as I create the final character. In the lower right hand corner is the bass guitar that I intend to use as a model for the final instrument for this character. In the center is a mockup of the final character (that I put way more effort into than I should have, but I wanted you all to have something nice to look at, and I'm putting off going to bed...).
I've started vectorizing his head, and am playing with how much (or whether I even should) of his eyes and mouth I should show. Also, I noticed that his pose is almost exactly like the keytar player, so I should probably think about that a little more before I get too far into this.
Thanks for looking, and until I talk at you again tommorrow, take care and be good.
Your friend
Jeffrey

No comments: